Advantages of the Laparoscopic Spay (Lap Spay) over Traditional Surgery
- Smaller incisions are less painful, reduce recovery time, and have less serious complications.
- The procedure allows for excellent visualization of abdominal organs.
- Controlled excision of ovaries eliminates the bruising and tearing of ovarian ligaments often associated with traditional spays.
- Our "LigaSure" vessel sealing electrocautery unit is state of the art and eliminates the need for suture. There is no chance of knot or suture failure.This is a safer procedure.
- In large breed dogs, a laparoscopic assisted gastropexy can be performed at the same time as the spay. Contact the hospital now for more information. (661) 942-1489